We asked our friends from Cannabis Cooking Co. to recommend a delicious treat for Valentine's Day. They went above and beyond with this artisanal recipe from Chef Brent Leitch using cannabis infused ruby chocolate.
* * *
- 1 Quart Fresh Strawberries
- 500g Dark Chocolate (70-80% cocoa)
- 100g 'Ruby' or White Chocolate
- 10 ml Rosin Infused MCT Oil
- .5g Jack Haze by 7ACRES (15% THC)
Maximum dosage 75mg THC ÷ 24 Strawberries = 3.125mg THC (max) per strawberry, assuming all ruby chocolate is used.
- Pierce each strawberry in the top center with a toothpick. Wrap the green stem of the strawberry tightly around the toothpick and away from the strawberry to avoid getting chocolate on it.
- Chop all chocolate into small pieces using a chef knife, keeping them separate.
- Set up a double boiler (a bowl set atop a small pot of steaming water).
- Add 2/3 of dark chocolate to a small bowl. Melt it slowly. When fully melted, add remaining dark chocolate, remove from heat, being careful to not get a single drop of water near it! Wipe the bottom of the bowl dry and stir to melt.
(*This is a method of tempering chocolate called "seeding". It will create a better finished product if done correctly. It's what creates a beautiful snap and finish to the chocolate. However, we are often seeking this correct tempering process, it doesn't matter much because the chocolate will solidify in the fridge.
- Carefully dip each strawberry into the melted dark chocolate, twisting it to be sure it's fully coated, leaving say 5-15% of the red berry exposed. Lift it out and let remaining chocolate fall off. Wipe the bottom lightly on the side of the bowl, and place onto a sheet of parchment. Repeat with all remaining berries. (*Optional step: Lift each berry gently onto a clean area of parchment paper after sitting for 2-4 minutes, to prevent a "foot" or puddle of flat chocolate at the bottom if each berry).
- Melt ruby chocolate in a separate bowl, using the same method as the dark chocolate. Remove from heat, and add in rosin infused MCT oil. Stir well to make sure it's fully emulsified! Chocolate does not need to get too hot ever, or the oil may separate, and float on the top. A couple degrees above body temperature is enough to melt chocolate. When you’re completely sure the oil it's fully emulsified, proceed with the next step. Pay very close attention to this point as you want evenly dosed edibles! Remember: anytime you cook with cannabis, always stir well.
- Make a small piping cone with parchment. Fill no more than 1/2 to 2/3 or you'll make a mess! Neatly fold down the top securely. Cut a very tiny hole in the bottom with a knife or scissors. Slowly drizzle ruby chocolate over dark chocolate.
- Eat at any point obviously, live your life! Keep remaining berries in the fridge, removing the toothpick before serving.
IMPORTANT: Remember to keep infusions securely away from pets, or anyone under 19 years of age. Label clearly and enjoy responsibly.
For more great Cannabis Cooking Co. content and for upcoming classes head to https://www.cannabiscookingcompany.ca/
Follow us on social for more fun content like this!
Join Club Friendly - Free gift with sign up!