A message to our guests:
We’d like to assure all of you that we are taking the current situation around COVID-19 very seriously. We’ve therefore decided to reduce our store hours starting tomorrow March 18 for the foreseeable future.
We will continue to monitor the situation and reassess in the upcoming weeks to keep you informed of further changes.
We care deeply about the health and safety of our communities and neighbours and would like to reassure all of those who may be planning to visit a Friendly Stranger location of what we’re currently doing:
- Higher frequency of self and store sanitization with regular disinfecting and hand washing, especially in high touch surfaces in our stores including door handles, payment keypads and display cases
- All of our products live behind glass, protecting them from both airborne and the physical transfer of contaminants
- All of our cannabis products are sealed in accordance with cannabis laws and free from any and all human exposure
- Our ‘Click and Collect’ service is now up and running in our Church St, 237 Queen Street and Danforth locations.
- To reduce further risk we have decided to close our Queen Street 241 Accessory location.
- We are checking in regularly with staff to ensure they are not experiencing any flu-like symptoms, any that do will be sent home to recover
- We are limiting our maximum occupancy to reflect the government requirements of successful social distancing.
- Anyone ordering delivery from our Toronto Delivery service will have a one of our friendly team members drop off your order with mask, gloves, personal sanitizer before and after your order.
We’d like to remind everyone that we have a wide selection of cannabis accessories available for purchase right here at friendlystranger.com with free shipping over $25 across Canada.
We hope that you all stay safe and take care of each other and look forward to serving you in the future.
The Friendly Stranger Team ✌💚
How we are minimizing the risk of contact & transmission:
Friendly Stranger has taken appropriate measures in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Below is the current status of our store locations and our online webshop.
We are committed to your safety!
Protection of our People
- Screening of all employees, encourage regular self assessments
- Continuous communication
- Tracking/Reporting sick days
- Reinforcement of hand washing practices
- Staggered breaks to eliminate two associates in proximity
Business Models Promoting Social Distancing
- Curbside Pick-Up
- Same-day delivery service before 5PM
- In-store experience currently closed
Safe Home Delivery
- Our staff wear masks & gloves and sanitize before and after all orders
- Friendly Delivery Drivers cannot go into condo/apartment buildings, please meet us at lobby entrance.
- DS1 Disinfectant used to clean all surfaces
- Disinfectant Wipes & Additional Hand Sanitizer Solutions
Personal Protective Equipment
- Face Shields or Face Masks
- Acrylic Shields at age gating & cash counter
- Reduced hours of operation
- Reduction of staffing levels, one associate per station/zone to prevent unnecessary contact
- Extended Sanitation service “Ultra Touch”, conducted weekly
- Routine sanitation of the following touch points (every 15 minutes or following each guest visit):
- Entrance/Exits Doors & Handles
- POS/Merchant Terminals
- Display cabinets
- Associate Lockers (no overnight storage)
- Identified 6ft markers outside our location in the event of line up
- Social Distancing floor decals in our locations
- Contactless payment using tap/apple pay or payment in advance using click & collect
- Touch Free shopping experience (not handling accessories when possible)
- Strict return policy (when necessary accessories must be completely disinfected)