Friendly Stranger Holdings Corp.
Assistant Store Manager
Established in 1994, Friendly Stranger is Canada’s most iconic cannabis culture shop that is widely revered for its friendly and knowledgeable service. Friendly Stranger has been a champion of cannabis devoted to activism, community and culture. We promote the environmental and economic benefits of all forms of cannabis while fostering a welcoming and open spirit. The soul of Friendly Stranger is a community brought together by a shared belief that grows with every new face that walks through our doors. Our mission is to connect Canadians through cannabis, to educate and inspire a community of togetherness, to befriend the world one stranger at a time.
In 2018, after an initial investment from Green Acre Capital, Friendly Stranger Holdings Corp (FSHC) announced an expansion to open retail locations across the country. In 2019, FSHC acquired Happy Dayz; with this merger, FSHC now operates 9 retail locations in Ontario and have an aggressive growth strategy, to open additional cannabis culture accessory stores as well as launching premium adult-use cannabis retail locations across the country.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant Manager is the backbone of the store; assisting the General Manager with overseeing all departments, employees, operations and handling customer-related issues beyond the scope of the Shift Supervisors.
As an Assistant Manager your main responsibility will be to coordinate and facilitate transactions of the store. You must maintain records, facilitate contact with producers, embrace client education, and understand the marketing strategies. As an AM, you will train employees, assist in product selection and determining best pricing based on market conditions.
- Coordinate and facilitate all transactions and operations
- Manage, supervise, and direct the activities of all assigned staff and make recommendations regarding hiring, disciplining, terminating, and advancing employees
- Implement company policies and ensure staff adhere to best practices
- Manage and inspire staff to deliver the highest level of customer service and experience
- Review employee performance regularly and maintain employee records
- Ensure safety and satisfaction of all customers and employees
- Ensure ongoing staff education on recreational cannabis products, strains, and consumption methods
- Assist in the development of budgets and sales forecasts
- Fulfill staffing needs and coordinate employee scheduling
- Liaise with law enforcement, vendors, landlords, and local community as needed
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all strains and products in store inventory as well as industry wide product and trend knowledge
This is a full-time position based out of Toronto. We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. Your resume will be kept on file should another friendly awesome opportunity become available.
FSHC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest!