Friendly Stranger Holdings Corp.
Brand Coordinator – Promotions, Digital, Local Store Marketing
Established in 1994, Friendly Stranger is Canada’s most iconic cannabis culture shop that is widely revered for its friendly and knowledgeable service. Friendly Stranger has been a champion of cannabis devoted to activism, community and culture. We promote the environmental and economic benefits of all forms of cannabis while fostering a welcoming and open spirit. The soul of Friendly Stranger is a community brought together by a shared belief that grows with every new face that walks through our doors. Our mission is to connect Canadians through cannabis, to educate and inspire a community of togetherness, to befriend the world one stranger at a time.
In 2018, after an initial investment from Green Acre Capital, Friendly Stranger Holdings Corp (FSHC) announced an expansion to open retail locations across the country. In 2019, FSHC acquired Happy Dayz; with this merger, FSHC now operates 9 retail locations in Ontario and has an aggressive growth strategy, to open additional cannabis culture accessory stores as well as launching premium adult-use cannabis retail locations across the country.
Reporting to the Assistant Brand Managers and VP of Marketing, this individual possesses between 2-3 years’ brand/marketing experience in the Food Service/Bev Alcohol or ideally the Cannabis Industry.
This individual will be accountable for helping to execute the brand’s overarching marketing campaigns with a small tight-knit team of friendly individuals. This person knows how calmly manage through challenges that face them. This role focuses on the execution of all small to mid-sized programs for both banners (FS and HD) such as: New Store Open, Local Store Marketing and Digital monitoring/etc.
This person will be required to work in constant collaboration with the Assistant Brand Managers, the agencies, the Operations team and VP of Marketing.
The ideal candidate for this role has a positive attitude, a keen attention to detail, has a healthy (but friendly) competitive drive and a passion for cannabis.
- Execute small to mid-sized projects coming from the Marketing & Promotional calendar for Friendly Stranger Holdings Corp Dual brands: Friendly Stranger and Happy Dayz
- Planning and execution assigned marketing communications projects; gaining approval of plan from Brand Managers and Operations where necessary
- Working within each brand to ensure all marketing and promotions reflect our vision, mission and key values of the brand
- Liaise with freelancers and external agencies for various projects while ensuring brand guidelines are followed and maintained
- Measure and report on the performance of all marketing activities (as per each project stated benchmark)
- Special focus on digital and local store marketing
- BA or BS degree in Business, Marketing or related field of study
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ marketing communication experience
- Experience solving problems and keeping a cool head while doing so
- Strong understanding of the marketing mix, with the conviction to have an opinion with the larger team (well thought out/not just to add to the noise)
- Loves numbers, comfortable with metrics and spreadsheets
- Friendly, collaborative and a great communicator
This is a full-time position based out of Toronto. We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. Your resume will be kept on file should another friendly awesome opportunity become available.
FSHC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest!