Friendly Stranger is Higher-ing!
Please send your resume and any questions to email@example.com
Established in 1994, Friendly Stranger is Canada’s most iconic cannabis culture shop that is widely revered for its friendly and knowledgeable service. Friendly Stranger has been a champion of cannabis devoted to activism, community and culture. We promote the environmental and economic benefits of all forms of cannabis while fostering a welcoming and open spirit. The soul of Friendly Stranger is a community brought together by a shared belief that grows with every new face that walks through our doors. Our mission is to connect Canadians through cannabis, to educate and inspire a community of togetherness, to befriend the world one stranger at a time.
In 2018, after an initial investment from Green Acre Capital, Friendly Stranger Holdings Corp (FSHC) announced an expansion to open retail locations across the country. In 2019, FSHC acquired Happy Dayz; with this merger, FSHC now operates 10 retail locations in Ontario. We are excited to expand our team in Ontario!
Customer Experience Associate - Friendly Stranger Holdings Corp. (Full & part-time positions)
We are seeking friendly Customer Experience Associates and Supervisors who are passionate about the cannabis industry to join our dynamic team! As one of our Customer Experience Associates and/or Supervisors, you will be responsible for assisting our customers and providing an exceptional retail experience. You require extensive product knowledge to meet the needs of our customers and recommend appropriate product assortment and complete sales transactions. You will be responsible to merchandise inventory and to maintain an environment of world class customer service.
- Greet and welcome all customers with a friendly smile
- Engage and build positive relationships with customers to understand their needs
- Act as an ambassador for the Friendly Stranger brand
- Explain products and services to customers while demonstrating a seasoned level of cannabis and accessories knowledge
- Make recommendations to best fit our customer’s needs
- Complete sales transactions – handle cash, debit and credit transactions
- Monitor inventory to ensure key products are always in stock for our customers and help drive sales
- Investigate and resolve all customer complaints
- Maintain the integrity of the retail space with inspirational displays, facing and maintenance
- Research emerging trends and new products in the industry.
- Seek opportunities to contribute to the overall business results
- Practice open communication between co-workers and the leadership team
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy with customer product transactions
- Meet Day/Weekly and Monthly sales quotas
- Previous experience in a retail environment and/or customer service is required
- High capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Natural ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Enjoys working as part of a larger team
- Strong desire to maintain positive momentum with daily tasks
- Basic mathematics skills are required
- Previous Cannabis industry experience an asset
- Knowledge of our product assortment an asset
- CannSell Certification an asset
- Energetic multitasker
- People Person
CannSell certification completion upon offer
Successful completion of a Criminal background check
Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends as required
Must be a minimum age of 19 years old to work in the Cannabis industry