Established in 1994, Friendly Stranger is Canada’s most iconic cannabis culture shop that is widely revered for its friendly and knowledgeable service. Friendly Stranger has been a champion of cannabis devoted to activism, community and culture. We promote the environmental and economic benefits of all forms of cannabis while fostering a welcoming and open spirit. The soul of Friendly Stranger is a community brought together by a shared belief that grows with every new face that walks through our doors. Our mission is to connect Canadians through cannabis, to educate and inspire a community of togetherness, to befriend the world one stranger at a time.
Operations & Cannabis Lead - Friendly Stranger Church Street, Toronto
We are seeking Operations and Cannabis Leads who are passionate about the cannabis industry to join our dynamic team! As one of our Leads, you will be responsible for assisting our customers and providing an exceptional retail experience. You require extensive product knowledge to meet the needs of our customers and recommend appropriate product assortment and complete sales transactions. You will be responsible to merchandise inventory and to maintain an environment of world class customer service.
- Top in class Guest Experience for our internal and external GUESTS
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for Friendly brand
- Ensure execution of all Accessory and Cannabis training, validation, testing and coaching to ensure all staff are trained properly and testing supports; min 90% on all materials, Friendly Stranger University (FSU), Cannsell, internal tests and quizzes
- Foster a Learning Culture for Team Members and on-going communication by supporting and contributing in all team meetings
- Embody Friendly Stranger’s Vision and Values
- Investigate and resolve all customer complaints
- Inventory Management & AGCO Compliance
- Maintain the integrity of the retail space with best in class merchandising plan with inspirational displays, facing and maintenance
- Research emerging trends and new products in the industry. Seek opportunities to contribute to the overall business results
- Deliver operational excellence, unwavering commitment to set operational benchmarks
- Prior experience in a retail leadership role
- Previous Cannabis industry experience an asset
- Understanding of the ACGO and OCS processes and procedures including Cannsell Certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of the Canadian Cannabis Industry
- General understanding and management of key retail KPI’s
- Results oriented
- Possess and Value high Integrity
- Agile leadership in dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess five attributes that define our people;
- Real (genuine)
- Innovative (ongoing mastery, best in class)
- Environmentally Conscious
- Normalize Cannabis
- Diverse and Inclusive
- Strong sense of community
Completion of CannSell certification course upon offer.
Successful completion of a Criminal background check.
Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends as required.
Must be a minimum age of 19 years old to work in the Cannabis industry.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. Your resume will be kept on file should another friendly awesome opportunity become available.
FSHC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send all resumes to: